Mo: I have an easy one today. Today's word is Doff which means to take off, as an article of clothing. It also means to rid oneself of.
~~~~~~~~~~
Astra started going to the gym earlier to avoid the crowds in general and her stalker in particular. As she doffed her office attire and put on her workout clothes she noticed, as she did every day, that there were no locks hanging on the lockers on this side of the room or near locker number 291, the one she always chose, but she also knew that consistent with the events of the past several months, when she returned from working out, there would be a gold Masterlock hanging on the locker door next to hers– the same lock that was always there, used by the same woman who usually ended up hovering behind her waiting to get into her locker after both their workouts were over and Astra finished showering. Maybe the woman did not mean to be annoying; maybe she just thought she had the right to use locker number 290, even though none of the other nearby lockers were ever taken by other gym patrons. Astra knew she probably needed to get a grip, but for some reason, although she admitted it was probably irrational, she felt extremely uncomfortable each time the woman stood hovering behind her, apparently patiently waiting for Astra to finish getting redressed back into her office clothes in front of the lockers. Astra considered, and not for the first time, that maybe she needed to join another gym closer to home and forgo exercising over her lunch hour since her focus, lately, seem not to be about exercising but instead, about making sure she avoided dressing in front of this woman.
~~~~~~~~~~
Moxie: Spooky.
Mo: Yes it is, kind of.
Andie: Why don't you just change lockers?
Mo: I could, but I am probably just as stubborn. Plus, if she follows me to the next locker it will be even spookier.
Andie: I hadn't thought of that.
Andie: Why don't you just change lockers?
Mo: I could, but I am probably just as stubborn. Plus, if she follows me to the next locker it will be even spookier.
Andie: I hadn't thought of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment